CNC Machinist / Programmer
Hayes Manufacturing is seeking a CNC Programmer to set up and program a variety of machines that may include HAAS and Okuma, numerical control machines, lathes, and mills to machine a variety of parts. The ideal candidate will possess extensive knowledge of GIBBS. Primary duties will be as follows:
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for machining.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and Vernier calipers.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, and fixtures.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
- May complete First Article and New Part Introduction processes.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Verifies dimensions and alignment of parts.
- Uses G codes to move multiple axes to grind inserts to customer specifications.
- May install replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and tests operations of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Confers with engineers, machinists, and production managers or others to resolve machining or yield problems.
- May train less experienced operators and machinists.
A sign on bonus and relocation assistance will be provided to the candidate who is selected for this position.
Qualified candidates may apply for this opportunity by responding to this posting.