Hayes Manufacturing is seeking a Fitter who will primarily participate in lays out, fits, and welding fabricated, cast, and forged components to assemble structural forms such as machinery frames, tanks, pressure vessels, furnace shells, and various industry parts. The ideal candidate will possess at least a high school diploma or GED (though an Associate's Degree in Machine Technology is preferred), and experience in a manufacturing environment. Primary duties will be as follows:
- Receives instructions, prints, and work orders for the job.
- Plans details of working procedure and tools and material requirements.
- Lays out, positions, aligns, and fits components together.
- Repairs and/or builds product by using welding techniques and appropriate welding equipment.
- Cleans and prepares surfaces to be welded.
- Sets up, assembles, and welds parts using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc, or gas welding equipment.
- Builds up worn or defective surfaces.
- Uses burning equipment to dismantle assemblies and to cut material to size and shape.
- Repairs product by dismantling, straightening, reshaping and/or assembling parts using welding techniques and appropriate welding equipment.
- Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly.
Qualified candidates may apply for this opportunity by responding to this posting.