Hayes Manufacturing is seeking a CNC Machinist who will primarily set up and operate conventional, special purpose and computer numerical control machines and machining centers to machine metal parts. The ideal candidate will possess at least a high school diploma or GED (though an Associate's Degree in Machine Technology is preferred), 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment, and knowledge of GD & T concepts as well as blue print features and G/M codes. Primary duties will be as follows:
- Demonstrates independent decision making skills on day to day production tasks.
- Study blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work-piece, sequences of operations, and setup requirements.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and Vernier calipers.
- Measure, mark and scribe dimensions and reference points on material or work-piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Select, align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders and shapers to perform precision machining operations.
- Calculate, set and monitor controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Measure, examine, and test completed unit to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers.
- Maintain equipment by performing routine maintenance on equipment.
- Must have at least 3 years of working experience for this position, ability to pass a drug screen and background check, and open to overtime as needed.
- Ability to operate HAAS and Okuma FANUC controls.
Qualified candidates may apply for this opportunity by responding to this posting.