Hayes Manufacturing is seeking a Materials Coordinator who will coordinate and expedite the storage and flow of material, both inventoried items and non-inventoried items, between departments. The ideal candidate will possess a background in working with metal and have fork lift experience. Primary duties will be as follows:
- Assumes overall responsibility for physical control of all material and equipment kept in the Yard Areas outside the Shop Building.
- Confirms accuracy of Bin Locations and material stored within all Bins.
- Reviews production schedules and related information and confers with department supervisors to determine material requirements to identify potential usage of non-inventoried items to maximize on our cost efficiency.
- Examines material delivered to production departments to verify material is placed in correct bins or location in plant.
- Monitors and executes in-plant transfer of non-inventory materials to meet production schedules.
- Insures non-inventory material issued to a Work Order is accurately tracked within our computer tracking system, by notifying the Materials Planner.
- Maintains manual or computerized records to maximize efficiency of tracking inventory and non-inventory material.
- Monitor movement of all material to insure material is being placed in the correct bins or location.
- Performs cycle count of inventory and non-inventory material as needed to insure accuracy.
- Performs any other items necessary to maintain the accuracy of the materials tracking.
Qualified candidates may apply for this opportunity by responding to this posting.