Hayes Manufacturing is seeking a Crane Operator to operate mechanical boom and cable or tower and cable equipment to lift and move materials, machines, or products in many directions. The ideal candidate will possess at least a high school diploma or GED, have crane certification(s) (such as NCCCO or NCCER), and possess a commercial driver's license. Primary duties will be as follows:
- Determine load weights and check them against lifting capacities to prevent overload.
- Move levers, depress foot pedals, or turn dials to operate cranes, or other moving equipment for lifting, moving, or placing loads.
- Inspect cables or grappling devices for wear and install or replace cables as needed.
- Inspect and adjust crane mechanisms such as cables, pulleys, or grappling devices making repairs when necessary.
- Inspect and adjust crane mechanisms or lifting accessories to prevent malfunctions or damage.
- Direct helpers engaged in placing blocking or outrigging under cranes.
- Loan and unload bundles from trucks or move containers to storage bins, using moving equipment.
- Other tasks as needed.
Qualified candidates may apply for this opportunity by responding to this posting.