Investor Development Coordinator
Organization Description: The Baton Rouge Area Chamber (BRAC) is a non-profit, investor-driven organization that leads economic development in the nine-parish Capital Region. Today, BRAC investors include more than 1,400 businesses, civic organizations, education institutions, and individuals. In this capacity, BRAC serves as the voice of the business community.
Job Description: This position is full time and primarily responsible for managing investor lead generation and investor recruitment as they relate to engaging and increasing BRAC’s investor base, with a focus on the organization’s mission to lead economic development. This position is also responsible for administrative functions for the Investor Relations team.
- Manage incoming call-ins, walk-ins, and web inquiries to secure 55 new investors annually
- Manage on-boarding of new investors
- Data entry and initial communications
- Connect BRAC staff members based on desired participation
- Coordinate with Accounting to ensure accurate billing records
- Assist Director of Investor Relations with recruitment efforts
- Conduct research and cold calling to develop leads
- Oversee staff and Ambassador referral programs
- Analyze event attendance and social media engagement
- Development and implementation of effective sales plan to meet establish goals, including management of daily tasks in Weblink database
- Support functions of investor retention strategy
- Monthly phone calls
- Welcome letters
- Renewal letters
- Provide regular updates to Accounting and Investor Development on status of upcoming and past due investments
- Coordinate with Marketing to create investor-driven content for BRAC blog and publications
- Assist the Manager of Business Services with BRAC’s Ambassador program
- Work closely with Weblink database manager to increase usage across the organization
The Investor Development Coordinator will report to the Senior Vice President of Investor Development and perform other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or bachelor’s degree in a related 1-2 years of related job experience in non-profit fundraising, marketing, and/or sales
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong command of Microsoft Office Suite
- The ideal candidate must be a creative and strategic thinker, problem solver, and self-motivated with excellent organizational skills.