CNC Programmer with GibbsCAM Knowledge
Local manufacturing company is seeking a CNC Programmer to join their team. This position sets up and programs a variety of machines which may include: HAAS and Okuma, numerical control (CNC) machines, lathes and mills to machine a variety of parts. This job equires extensive GIBBS CAM knowledge. Job is located in Pineville, LA. Relocation is offered!
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for machining.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and Vernier calipers.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, and fixtures
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit Computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
- May complete First Article and New Part Introduction processes
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Verifies dimensions and alignment of parts
- Uses G codes to move multiple axes to grind inserts to customer specifications
- May install replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Confers with engineers, machinists, production managers or others to resolve machining or yield problems.
- May train less experienced operators and machinists
- Participate in the continuous review of our machining processes, focusing on opportunities for improvement in productivity, quality, and cost reduction.
- Assist in design development process for new parts
- May be necessary to run a job on CNC tool per company requirements.
- All other duties as assigned
- High School Graduate or GED, and more than five years recent experience as a CNC Machinist or Programmer
- Extensive Gibbs Cam knowledge
- Associate degree in Machine Tech. or qualified journeyman program for machining is not required, but preferred
- 3+ year experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of GD & T concepts, blue print features and G/M codes
- Must pass a criminal background check and drug test.
- Basic math skills with ability to convert American standard to metric manually or with a calculator.
- Must be able to read micrometer and calipers
- Must be able to work within Global Shop