CNC Machinist - Level II
Local manufacturing company is seeking a CNC Machinist - Level II to join their team. The CNC Machinist – Level II will set up and operate conventional, special purpose and computer numerical control machines and machining centers to machine metal parts by performing the duties below. Job is located in Pineville, LA; relocation is offered!
- Adjust machine offsets to achieve tight part tolerances (+/- .002) regularly
- Ability to edit machine programs
- Demonstrate independent decision-making skills on day-to-day production tasks
- Study blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part(s) to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operation, and setup requirements.
- Calculate and document dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and Vernier calipers.
- Inspect manufactured workpieces for direct compliance to published standards (dimensions, sharp edges/deburring, rust prohibitor, traceability, scribing/marking, etc.).
- Measure, mark, and/or scribe dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers to perform precision machining operations.
- Start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Maintain equipment by performing routine maintenance on equipment.
- Ability to operate HAAS, Doosan, and Okuma FANUC controls.
- Able and willing to work overtime, as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High School Graduate or GED, or more than five (5) years recent experience as a CNC Machinist
- Associate degree in Machine Tech. or qualified journeyman program for machining is not required, but preferred
- 5+ year experience in a manufacturing environment
- Moderate knowledge of GD & T concepts, blue print features, and G/M codes
- Must pass a criminal background check and drug test
- Intermediate math skills with ability to convert American standard to metric manually or with a calculator
- Moderate tool knowledge; must be able to read micrometer and calipers
- Basic knowledge of feed and speed calculations
- Must be able to work within Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system