Local manufacturing company is seeking a Welder/Fitter Helper to join their team. This position assists Fitter or Welder Fitter to position, align, and fit together fabricated plates, structural shapes, and weldments preparatory to assembly into structural fabricated products by performing the following duties.
- Holds, positions, and reads tape or rods to assist in layout.
- Places and moves blocking, braces, and jigs to hold parts.
- Hammers wedges and drift pins, and turns turnbuckles.
- Pulls pry bars to align parts.
- Grinds or chips rough edges, surplus weld, or scale.
- Positions and turns clamps, and bolts together butt straps or parts.
- Transports and furnishes Fitter with materials, tools, and supplies.
- Performs other routine duties.
- Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Loads, unloads, and transports material(s) utilizing an industrial truck/forklift.
- High school or general education degree (GED)
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions; extreme cold and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to humid conditions; moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme heat; risk of radiation and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Work involves varying degrees of precision and control where damage could be considerable. Attention and care required to prevent injury to others when performing work.